Disney Pixar to release “Inside Out 2” in summer 2024

Daniela Gonzalez

Hitting theaters June 14 is the new “Inside Out 2.” The film features four brand new emotions as Riley, the central character that the emotions live within during “Inside Out.”

In the sequel, Riley becomes a teenager, and joins the hockey team; this results in a new set of emotions as she explores her teenage world. 

In the trailer released by Pixar, everything is seemingly running smoothly in headquarters until the new feelings come into play. Anxiety, ennui, envy, and embarrassment join Riley’s emotions. 

Things take an unexpected turn once the new emotions take over after they decide that Riley doesn’t just need to feel joy, sadness, fear, anger, and disgust. 

After Anxiety and Embarrassment throw them out, the discarded emotions must work together and find a way to get back home.

What made “Inside Out” so popular?

Inside Out was released on June 19, 2015. In the first movie, Riley is a joyous 11-year-old girl but now she’s entered her teenage years and turned 13 years old and is experiencing new mixed emotions.

The movie showed the importance of all emotions and how they play out in your mind. It also showed that you won’t always feel happiness plus sometimes you’ll have good and bad days. For instance, in “Inside Out,” when joy and sadness are trying to return to headquarters, the only ones left to facilitate are disgust, fear, and anger. The humanized emotions have served as a way to talk with children about their feelings, and this has led to an increased fanbase among both children and the adults.

Fans can fill out a notification request through Fandango to be alerted when tickets for “Inside Out 2” are available for pre-sale.