BHS announces new Assistant Principal of Administration, Ricky Ishida

Photo provided by Ricky Ishida.
Photo provided by Ricky Ishida.

Principal Ryan Geivet announced the hiring of Ricky Ishida, the new Assistant Principal of Administration (APA) at Bakersfield High School.

Geivet shared his excitement in an email to all BHS staff, as he believes that Ishida brings a wealth of experience and dedication to the Driller community. 

“I have worked directly with Ricky as an Assistant Principal of Administration at Foothill and I know very well the passion, dedication, and work ethic he brings to a campus.  He is an excellent hire for us as we move forward with modernization. He will love our students, staff, and campus.  I know that Ricky will work tirelessly in service to the Driller community,” Geivet wrote.

As the APA, Ishida is responsible for assisting the principal with running the campus and serving as a leader to the students and staff. The APA is responsible for classified staff, ensuring the campus is getting necessary maintenance and more. Ishida will also supervise the construction projects on campus, such as the modernization of Warren Hall.

Who is Ishida?

Photo provided by Ricky Ishida.

Ishida graduated from Shafter High School in 2002. He was a three-sport athlete; he played football, basketball, and track.

Ishida played football at Kansas’s Tabor College before graduating in 2006.

“I am excited about several things. I am excited to get to know the entire staff. I am excited to get to know the students. I am excited to be a part of the Driller community. More importantly, I am excited to wear the blue and white,” Ishida wrote. 

Students and staff would like to wish a warm welcome to Ishida. Drillers anticipate the positive impact he will make on the BHS community.