The Student News Site of Bakersfield High School

The Blue and White

The Blue and White

The Blue and White

Top 10 Best Movies of 2021… So Far

1. Godzilla vs. Kong– Delivering squarely on it’s title, Godzilla vs. Kong swats away Character development and human drama to deliver all the spectacle you’d expect from giant monsters slugging it out
  2. Palmer –  After 12 years in prison, former high school football star Eddie Palmer returns home to put his life back together and forms an unlikely bond with Sam, an outcast boy from a troubled home. But Eddie’s past threatens to ruin his new life and family.
  3. To All The Boys: Always And Forever – Senior year of high school takes center stage as Lara Jean returns from a family trip to Korea and considers her college plans with or without Peter.
  4. Safety – This movie is for fans of uplifting sports dramas and will find safety in this skillfully told fact- based story about an athlete overcoming adversity.
  5. I Care A lot – The Netflix original I care a lot is about a shady legal guardian who lands in hot water when she tries to bilk a woman who has ties to a powerful gangster.
  6. The Night– The dramatic heft and dread of the night delivers haunting psychological fights and an impressive feature directorial debut for Ahari.
  7. Nobody– The movie nobody doesn’t break any new ground for the genre, but this viscerally violent thriller smashes, shatters, and destroys plenty of other things all while proving Bob Odenkirk has what it takes to be an action star.
  8.  Come True– The movie comes true, is well-acted and visually striking, and comes true offers an early effective reminder of how the sleeping subconscious can be fertile ground for horror.
  9. Violation– The movie Violation presents a powerful depiction of one woman’s trauma and it’s uncomfortably gripping aftermath.
  10. The queen  Of Black Magic– The Queen of Black magic mixes buried trauma with supernatural horror to produce a dark blend that genre fans will savor.