Driller dining: Delicious deviled eggs

Samantha Benavides
Garnish with paprika.

Do you need a yummy appetizer for Christmas dinner? Look no further! These simple and fast deviled eggs include ingredients that many people can find already in their homes.

Yield: 10 deviled egg halves

Prep time: 5-7 minutes

Cook time: 30-35 minutes

Total time: 35-42 minutes

Gather the ingredients. (Samantha Benavides)

Ingredients

• 5 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons fine Ground Black Pepper
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • Paprika to garnish

Cooking Directions

Fill a pot with water, then place it on the stove over medium heat. Allow it to boil; this will take about 7 minutes.

Peel the eggs once they are done boiling. (Samantha Benavides)

Once the water is boiling, put the eggs in the pot and let them sit for 10-15 minutes. The longer they boil, the firmer the yoke will be.

When the eggs are ready, peel off the shells of each egg; the shells should peel away easily if they are boiled for the suggested length of time. Once they have been peeling, cut each egg in half. 

Next, set the egg halves on a plate and scoop out the yellow yolk carefully into a separate bowl. Now, smash the egg yolks in the bowl; a potato masher or a fork can be used to mash them.

Add the mixture to the fully smashed egg yolks and add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, apple cider vinegar, and ground pepper onto the fully smashed egg yolks. 

Once the yolks and other ingredients have been mixed, scoop a tablespoon of the mix and drop it into the center of the egg. 

Sprinkle paprika onto the filled deviled eggs and enjoy!