Driller dining: I tried TikTok’s hwachae punch

This refreshing hwachae, a Korean watermelon punch, is so fun to make and full of tasty ingredients.

Gloria Menjivar

Hwachae is both a drink and dessert. The combination of fresh watermelon, juicy fruits, flavored milk, nata de coco, and a fizzy drink makes for an unusual and compelling combination that is perfect for the approaching summer! 

Subak hwachae recently went viral on TikTok because of influencer Amy Flame’s mukbang hwachae video. This Korean fruit punch is a popular drink in South Korea in the summer months. 

The punch bowl looked so refreshing and fun to eat, I knew I had to try it! This Korean fruit punch is a popular drink in South Korea in the summer months. 

Yield: 3  

Ingredients:

-Half a fresh watermelon, cut into cubes 

-Fresh berries or other fresh fruits (2 bananas cut in slices, 1 melon cut in cubes, etc. ) 

-28 ounces of strawberry milk

-Carbonated drink (7up, Sprite, Ginger Ale, or any other lemon-lime soda )

Gloria Menjivar

-Nata de coco or Jell-O

-Ice 

Instructions:

Place the cube chopped watermelon, and different fruits of your choice and drain the fruit cocktail in a large bowl or any size of your choice. Stir to combine.

Put the nata de coco (which you can find in Asia Market) or Jell-O in the bowl as well with ice.

Then pour the strawberry milk over the fruit. Add the ice and stir to combine. Finally, pour the soft drink into the combination and stir. 

It is ready to serve!

Review

I tried it, and it was really good! It is so refreshing, and it was not too sweet or too plain. It is perfect for enjoying alone or serving at social gatherings.

This recipe is also so easy and affordable to make! I hope you enjoy it if you make it. Enjoy with family and friends!

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐