The Student News Site of Bakersfield High School

The Blue and White

The Blue and White

The Blue and White

Dear Teacher: Help

Dear Teacher,

Thank you for everything. You have done so much for us, and we are so grateful for you. Recently, with the production and distribution of the vaccine, there have been issues of whether or not people will get the vaccine. This can be really problematic, because getting the vaccine is what will really help us all have in-person school again. I know that there are some teachers who will not be getting the vaccine, but it is really the best thing you can do to help.Despite the unknowns about the vaccine, we do know that it will stop the spread of COVID-19, which has devastated lives and economies worldwide.

This is not a debate about perfect solutions; we must make the best decisions with what we know. History and science tell us that the vaccine is our best way of returning to a more productive and more normal life. I find comfort in the millions of frontline healthcare workers who are willingly taking the vaccine. Scientists have been working on this vaccine since the start of the pandemic, and they have come up with something that works and will help. It is our job to do the best we can to slow the spread; the vaccine is one of the best ways to do that. You have done so much for us, and we are just asking that you do this one last thing.

Please get the vaccine. It will help us all.